Hi, thank you for coming back for the latest edition of Beyond Primary Cares blog; where I highlight healthy and fun recipes, healthcare news, advice for medical conditions, as well as how membership for care works! Dr. Jeff O’Boyle is the owner of Beyond Primary Care, which is a new approach to family medicine and addiction medicine that creates the time and space your healthcare deserves. Beyond Primary Care serves patients in Ann Arbor and throughout Washtenaw, Livingston, and Wayne County.
The primary purpose of the blog is to introduce healthy lifestyle concepts and answer common questions I receive from patients that I believe are important. I want to start discussions that will help educate, benefit, and improve your well-being.
This featured recipe is Banana Bread. These recipes are my attempt, in a way, to bridge that Doctor’s adage of “Eat Better & Exercise More.” In this post, I will showcase a healthy meal made on a budget, my pictures are pretty decent, and that is how I got into this food endeavor.
Adapted from: Allrecipes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 75 minutes
2 ripe bananas
⅓ cup melted butter
⅓ cup brown sugar
⅓ cup white sugar
⅓ cup plain greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1) Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick spray.
2) Peel bananas and place into large bowl. Using fork, smash the banana until mushy.
3) Add melted butter and sugars. Stir until smooth.
4) Add egg, yogurt, vanilla, baking soda and salt. Stir.
5) Add flour ½ cup at a time. Batter should be thick but unable to hold a shape.
6) Bake for 50 – 60 minutes.