BPC Good Eats: Spinach Tuscan Chicken
Hello and thank you reading my blog at Beyond Primary Care and trying the BPC Good Eats recipes. This featured recipe is a Spinach Tuscan Chicken. These recipes are my attempt, in a way, to bridge that Doctor’s adage of “Eat Better & Exercise More.” In this post, I will showcase a healthy meal made on a budget, my pictures are pretty decent, and that is how I got into this food endeavor.
Spinach Tuscan Chicken
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Adapted from: Alvin Zhou at Tasty
4 bone in, skin on chicken thighs
2 teaspoons sea salt
2 teaspoons pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
5 cloves garlic
1 onion, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
4 cups spinach
2 cups heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon cornstarch
½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1) In a medium bowl, season the chicken with salt and pepper.
2) Place a skillet over medium-low heat, add the olive oil.
3) Place the chicken thighs skin side down and cook for approximately 12-15 minutes. Move the chicken around to ensure even cooking. Flip the chicken, cooking for another 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan and cover with foil.
4) To same skillet, add the onion and garlic, stirring until onions are translucent. Stir in tomatoes and spinach until spinach is wilted.
5) Add the heavy cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
6) Remove 1 cup cream mixture into a small bowl, add the cornstarch and stir until dissolved. Once dissolved, add mixture back into skillet.
7) Add the Parmesan cheese and parsley, stirring until thickened
8) Place the chicken back in the pain, spooning the sauce on top of the chicken.